After two years of closed borders, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob announced that Malaysia will reopen its borders to international travellers on 1 April 2022.
Here are a few things you need to know before you book your flight tickets to Malaysia.
- If you are fully vaccinated and with valid travel documents, you are not required to undergo quarantine upon your arrival in Malaysia. You don’t have to apply for MyTravelPass too.
- However, you are required to take the COVID-19 RT-PCR test 2 days before departure, and a professional RTK-Ag test within 24 hours after your arrival.
- You only have to download MySejahtera contact tracing app and complete the Pre-Departure Form via the Traveller function in the app.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, you are required to quarantine for 5 days when you arrive in Malaysia.
Sounds simple enough, isn’t it?
It’s about time you dust off your luggage bags and get your passport stamped again!
We know many of you have missed travelling more than anything else. We can assure you, Malaysia is a great place to begin your revenge travel.
In addition, the country enjoys tropical weather all year round. Rain or shine, you can visit any time of the year and find a broad range of things to discover and experience. The views, the people, the food, everything is amazing here!
Currently, we’re offering attractive accommodation packages for all our hotels and resorts across Malaysia. Plan a trip to explore some of the well-known island destinations such as Redang, Langkawi, Tioman, and Penang. If you prefer somewhere full of energy, the lively streets of Kuala Lumpur and Johor Bahru will not disappoint too.
For a seamless journey to Redang Island, fly with Berjaya Air’s Jojo Flight. It only takes approximately an hour to fly direct from Subang Airport to Redang Airport.
As we transition into the endemic phase, let’s remain vigilant so that we can all stay safe and healthy while travelling. Learn more about our Clean & Safe Commitment.
- Entry requirements may change from time to time.
Do go through the quarantine policies or entry requirements specific to your home country or destination before you travel.
- Images from www.freepik.com