The breaking of the fast during Ramadan is always a much-awaited feast. Throughout the entire month, it’s easy to run out of ideas on what to cook for your loved ones. With these simple and yummy recipes from Flavours of Berjaya cookbook, we hope you’ll find joy in spicing up your cooking and have more time strengthening family bonds over a tantalising meal.
1. PANDAN CHICKEN
- Pandan leaves
- Chicken thigh (500 gm)
- Chopped garlic (80 gm)
- Lemongrass (80 gm)
- Oyster sauce (1 tbsp)
- Soy sauce (1 tbsp)
- Yellow curry powder (1 tbsp)
- Chicken powder (1 tbsp)
- White pepper (1 tbsp)
- Sesame oil (1 tbsp)
- Clean and de-bone the chicken thigh. Then remove the skin.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces.
- Mix the chicken pieces with all the ingredients.
- Wrap in pandan leaves and marinate for 1 – 2 hours.
- Deep fry in hot cooking oil until golden brown.
- Serve with sweet tamarind sauce.
Recipe shared by Berjaya Langkawi Resort
2. INCHI KABIN
- Whole chicken (cut into 20 pcs)
- Curry powder (1 tbsp)
- Coconut milk (50 ml)
- Sugar (20 gm)
- Salt (to taste)
- Lemon juice (half squeeze)
- Crushed lemongrass (2 stalks)
- Oil for deep-fried (750 ml)
- Marinate chicken pieces with curry powder, coconut milk, salt, sugar and lemon juice for 30 minutes.
- Heat up the oil and put in marinated chicken pieces with crushed lemongrass.
- Deep fry for 15 – 18 minutes until crispy.
- Serve with Worcestershire sauce and sliced chillies.
Recipe shared by Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
3. AYAM MASAK ROS
- Chicken cut (800 gm)
- Shallot (20 gm)
- Ginger (10 gm)
- Lemongrass (10 gm)
- Red chilli (20 gm)
- Candlenut (30 gm)
- Pandan leaf (1 leaf)
- Tomato (20 gm – finely blend)
- Sliced onion (30 gm)
- Cinnamon stick (5 gm)
- Star anise (3 nos)
- Cardamom seed (3 nos)
- Clove (3 nos)
- Kimball Tomato Soup (100 gm)
- Coconut milk (20 ml)
- Evaporated milk (20 ml)
- Cooking oil (20 ml)
- Ghee oil (20 ml)
- Salt (3 gm)
- Sugar (3 gm)
- Heat up 4 tablespoons of cooking oil and ghee oil in a pan.
- Sauté shallot, ginger, lemongrass, red chilli, pandan leaf, tomato, sliced onion, cinnamon stick, star anise, cardamom seed, and clove until fragrant.
- Stir in Kimball Tomato Soup, coconut milk, blended candlenut and evaporated milk. Add some water if needed.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and continue to simmer for 2 – 3 minutes. Season with salt and sugar.
- Add in chicken and mix well. Continue to simmer until chicken becomes tender and sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Recipe shared by Berjaya Penang Hotel
(Featured image from www.freepik.com)